Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tenth of December

Tenth of DecemberTenth of December by George Saunders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sum it up in a sentence (or two): No, I'm not confused about today's date - just reviewing a collection of short stories so titled. A depressive and melancholic collection.

First thoughts: I'm less amused than I was while reading Pastoralia, but it's still a quick read and nice to dip in and out of on the bus.

On re-reading: I re-read "Escape from Spiderhead" (also in Pastoralia). I still enjoyed it, and wanted to keep reading even when I remembered that I had already read it.

Final thoughts: This collection ended pretty "meh" for me. I skimmed the title (& final) story. I liked it all okay, but a lot of it was forgettable and depressing--not the vibe I'm craving right now. It just wasn't my jam this time. Still three stars because I didn't hate it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment