I Can't Believe It's Not Gardetto's (adapted from Chrissy Teigen)
2 bagels sliced into thin rounds (she suggests pumpernickel; we used everything)
3 cups Chex cereal (any variety - we used both rice and corn)
1 cup broken grissini breadsticks
1 cup broken pretzel sticks
1 stick unsalted butter
6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bagel rounds on a baking sheet in one layer and bake 10-12 minutes, or until crisp (but not brown!).
- Combine Chex, breadsticks, and pretzels in a large bowl and add crisped bagel rounds.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, garlic, and onion. Simmer over medium heat until garlic begins browning, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain, discarding solids. Whisk in Worcestershire, hot sauce, and pepper.
- Add butter to dry ingredients, stir until coated, and pour back onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake until crisp, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
These are great straight from the oven, but your fingers would rather you wait until they cool. Store in an airtight container (if you have any left to store).