Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gone Girl

Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First thoughts: Right away I'm drawn to smart, sassy, and self-effacing Amy. I'm suspicious of Nick.

First thoughts upon reaching part two (and sort of spoilers): Got me. Diary Amy was easy to like. Relatable. Now I don't know who I'm dealing with. Even though I'm less suspicious of Nick, I'm not convinced he's likeable.

Where I read: under the covers.

Favorite characters: I like Go. I hate that her nickname is Go.

Favorite quote: "Tampon commercial, detergent commercial, maxipad commercial, Windex commercial. You'd think all women do is clean and bleed." --Amy (part two)

Recommended for: lovers, haters, married people, engaged people, single people.

Final thoughts: Amy and Nick are both messed up. They made me question what love even is or how you know it's real. For several days after reading, I was suspicious of everyone's motives for doing anything. I want to see the movie.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment