Sunday, November 30, 2014

30 Days of Blogging: What I Learned

With just a few more hours left to November and NaBloPoMo (and my bus ride back to Chicago), I'd thought I'd take some time to share what I learned while doing this challenge.
  1. A month goes by pretty quickly, even when you take the time to do something specific each day.
  2. Authenticity is key.
  3. I don't necessarily want to blog daily for extended periods of time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did this, but I can see how burnout would quickly become a thing if this was my normal posting schedule.
  4. Instead, I want to focus more on a few in-depth posts rather than churning out content just to churn out content.
  5. Ideas spark ideas.
  6. Always tell a story. 
  7. I miss Rome and all the reasons I started this blog; up next on my to-do list is figuring out how to reclaim the feelings and sentiments from early posts.
  8. I also miss creative writing.
  9. The end game for As The Romans Do is: memory-keeping, experiment, practice, and portfolio.
  10. Just get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment