Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Night Survey: First Snow Edition

While the first snow of the year is always a little magical, I'm still not ready for winter. I keep telling myself this is a temporary cold spell, and before I know it temps will be in the 50s again. (We'll see if I'm this good at lying to myself come March.) At least there's only about a week of work left before I get a mini-vacation to Wisconsin! On to the weekend recap:

Making: myself lots of food, then...
Grazing: on it Saturday and Sunday.
Deep cleaning: my kitchen while simultaneously making more messes.
Listening: to more of Elise Gets Crafty while....
Mod Podging: a bowl and....
Starting: a new mixed media art project on a canvas.
Watching: the most recently released season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix.
Eating: bison stew, chicken tortilla soup, pumpkin muffins/bread, pizza, flautas, and cake.
Drinking: Rumchata and RC Cola.
Celebrating: Jesus's cousin's birthday.
Traveling: to Millennium Park and...
Seeing: the Red Bull Art of Can exhibit, plus Crown Fountain and the Bean and this guy:
Watching: cartoons in the Disney Store after...
Getting: Garrett Popcorn to munch on.
Reading: Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple.
Multi-tasking: in a very Harry Potter way (watching HP and the Sorcerer's Stone while playing the LEGO video game version).
Burning: all my pumpkin and apple cider flavored candles.
Bundling: up, indoors and out.
Wondering: how long my plants will survive on the porch.
Listening: to a small sample of Christmas music, but only for a few minutes. It's not quite that time yet.
Anticipating: the opening of Zoo Lights and the Christkindlmarket.
Writing: book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment