Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Night Survey: Anniversary Editon

I'm back in Chicago after a weekend at home celebrating my grandparents's 60th wedding anniversary. I forgot to ask them what their secret was, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with food and snark. What else did I spend the weekend doing? Glad you asked. In no particular order:

Making: coffee, with help from Mom

Cooking: nothing until just now, when I threw together some chicken fajitas with leftovers from the party
Eating: platters and platters of taco dip
Drinking: whatever Dad's having
Hogging: both bus seats
Looking: out the bus window, watching buildings fade to fields (and vice versa)
Taking: copious naps spread out on bus seats
Reading: The Broken Teaglass by Emily Arsenault and One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak
Writing: this blog post and Thank You and Congratulations cards
Watching: Jesus play a video game while I type this
Wanting: a new phone (still)
Waiting: for T-Mobile to get the phone I want in stock
Playing: with second cousins
Sleeping: in
Sitting: in traffic
Wishing: Chicago and Colby were slightly closer to each other
Enjoying: the company of family and friends
Taking: only one picture the entire weekend, of me eating
Wearing: my new favorite maxi dress
Wondering: how I got so lucky to have so many examples of love
Listening to: country music, unexpectedly
Walking: around Colby with Mom and Dad after dinner and before breakfast
Smelling: coffee, bacon, beef, dairy air
Hoping: didn't forget anything in Wisconsin
Needing: to do laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment