Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday in the Parks

I went for my yearly run today, so now I'm done with that nonsense until 2015. I circled around Humboldt Park along with all the other families, runners, and dogs out in abundance.


Later, I took a walk in the other direction, towards Bucktown/Wicker Park. I didn't make it to Wicker Park proper, but I did make a loop in Park 567. What it lacks in a name, it makes up for in quaintness. This picture is pretty much it: an oval of grass surrounded by rocks and a paved path. Traffic on Milwaukee Ave speeds by while construction continues on The 606 and the Blue Line, but in the park things slow down. Shoes optional.


---

10 comments:

  1. Yearly run? Why yearly?
    I'm just curious.
    Lovely pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not much of a runner...I don't plan out a special yearly run or anything, that's just usually how often I end up getting out, despite my desires to be fit/healthy. I might run again at some point over the summer, but there's no guarantee! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. Your once a year run is one more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Once a year, if I'm lucky...running is not my thing. :)

      Delete
  3. You remind me that I need to move away from this computer once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to have that reminder. Glad I could help!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos. I wish I had your eye. :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's mostly pointing and shooting...and for every good photo, I have five more not-so-great ones left on my phone!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the photos and laughed at "yearly" run.

    ReplyDelete