Saturday, May 31, 2014

How to Be a Woman

How to Be a WomanHow to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If ever there was a time to read this book, that time is now. Male or female, How to Be a Woman won't disappoint and will inform, entertain, and make you think.

A few nights ago, I was reading the #YesAllWomen page on Twitter and felt (among other emotions) grateful to have so many women to look up to in my life. I can now add Caitlin (pronounced Cat-lin) Moran to that list, as a woman and a writer. Her insight and candid thoughts on all things female made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion. She's refreshing, hilarious, honest, and direct.

As a lowercase feminist, I appreciated Moran's take on the word, its meaning, and its (continued) importance to society today. It's nice knowing there are others who would rather make a joke than get angry, all the while knowing jokes are their own type of anger that can spark reflection, discussion, and change.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment