Saturday, May 24, 2014

Generation A

Generation AGeneration A by Douglas Coupland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alright, this is my last Coupland for a while. I need to branch out. Not to say I wasn't entertained by Generation A--it's probably one of my favorite novels by Coupland (hence the five stars). Once again, he rewrites the story he's been writing for decades, and once again, I'm a fan. I like his themes: loneliness versus solitude, reading and storytelling and hive mentality. I like his characters: five main players, all who get stung by bees in a world where bees have all but disappeared, plus the odd supporting characters. I like his style. I could have done with less of the characters telling individual stories campfire style, but I understand what Coupland was doing there, and as the novel came to its close, I appreciated the stories. And I appreciated my love of reading even more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment