Thursday, July 30, 2015

What I'll Miss About The Naw (And What I Won't)

After three years and 11 months, it's time to say goodbye to the Naw. My roommates and I are all going our separate ways this summer, to new cities, new jobs, and new apartments. I'm sad to leave the place I've called home for several reasons, and I sincerely hope that whoever lives here in the years to come truly appreciates what a gem The Naw is. And yet, there are also a few things that I'm okay with leaving behind as I create a new home with Jesus a little further north on the Blue Line.

I Will Miss:
  1. Three words: In. Unit. Laundry.
  2. A bathtub so big I could have naval battles in it (or just really awesome baths).
  3. All the dark wood trim.
  4. The Hutch.
  5. Living so close to the 606.
  6. Having a big kitchen to cook in...
  7. And a big dining room to entertain in.
I Will Not Miss:
  1. The way the whole apartment is slightly off-level, so that a ball placed on the north side of a room rolls to the opposite wall with no initial nudge whatsoever.
  2. A bathtub that someone deemed necessary to coat in lead-based paint, so that I've had to bathe at my own risk.
  3. Not having my own closet/having to use the hall closet.
  4. That one outlet by the porch that doesn't work.
  5. Sleeping within listening distance of my neighbor's dining room.
  6. When the ceiling leaks during heavy storms.
  7. Knowing when my neighbor is on his porch smoking, thanks to southerly winds and open windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment