Monday, December 29, 2014

The Week Between

Christmas was here and is now gone, without fanfare. Sure, lights and trees are still up, but I'm guessing we would feel a bit silly singing Christmas songs now. I don't even have snow here, so any festivity I did feel while in Wisconsin stayed there. All the fun happened up north; here in Chicago it's business as usual.

Except not really. School is still out and New Year's Eve plans are still being made. I'm not sure what the purpose of this week really is since "the holidays" aren't quite over, but we're not quite back to work mode yet.

Personally, I like to take this week to breath before the newness of January 1. Now is when I start looking back at the year, and forward to the next. I think about resolutions. I schedule my yearly doctor appointments. I pay off credit card bills filled with gift charges. I eat clean to make up for the pound of cheese consumed over Christmas break. I try my hardest to finish just one more book before the end of the year.

I guess there is a point to having this week. 2015, I'm not ready just yet. It's still December and I still have a few things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment