Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Birds

I'm not the only one who thinks things are little off these days, am I? I heard birds singing while I biked to work yesterday. Birds, singing away on December 16 like it was the most normal thing to do. That (plus the mostly green grass) has made me forget more than once that Christmas is next week. And 2015 is just a week after that.

It's hard for a Wisconsin girl to be festive without snow, plus we decided not to put up a tree in our apartment this year, so I'm holding off on Christmas spirit until I get to my parents' house. Besides, I have other activities to celebrate before then: welcoming Bailey and her boyfriend to Chicago/North America and congratulating Quinn on his college graduation. And let's be honest, I'll be totally fine if snow doesn't fall in Chicago at all this winter. No snow = no public transportation = saving $20/week.

The new year, though, that I don't know when I'll be ready for. On one hand, I'm very excited to see 2014 go. It wasn't my best year. It wasn't America's best year. Still, I'm not sure I want a whole new year to start quite yet--I have a few things left to do.

First, I want to enjoy December (birds and all).

No comments:

Post a Comment