Saturday, September 6, 2014

Your Fathers, Where Are They? And the Prophets, Do They Live Forever?

Your Fathers, Where Are They? And the Prophets, Do They Live Forever?Your Fathers, Where Are They? And the Prophets, Do They Live Forever? by Dave Eggers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First thoughts: interesting, unorthodox, unsettling, preachy-ish, funny, engaging, mouthful of a title.

Recommended for: conversationalists, white guys, existentialists, Dave Eggers fans.

This completely dialogue-driven story unfolded like a conversation, because that's what it was. For me, it was like reading a play without the stage directions, like reading the transcript of an interrogation with no context. And it worked.

At this point, Dave Eggers can pretty much write whatever he wants and it'll get published--and I'll read it. I like that he's stretching the definition of "novel" and trying different things.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment