Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Broken Teaglass

The Broken TeaglassThe Broken Teaglass by Emily Arsenault
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First thoughts: Huh, that was interesting. A little like A Lover's Dictionary, but less captivating. Could have been sharper, but I like the idea of a mysterious story hidden in reference cards at a dictionary publishing house. Mostly I like the idea of a dictionary publishing house. Lately I relate to the mindless job/new job/job search aspect of any book I read. Also: teaglass?

Favorite character: the old guy...whose name I can't remember. And Billy's dad. (Billy being the protagonist and the new guy at the publishing house.)

Where I read it: on a coach bus to and from Wisconsin.

Recommended for: word lovers, job searchers, people who take a lot of bus rides.

Suggestions for improvement: another round of edits to remove some awkward dialogue and fluff.

Final thoughts: not bad, but kinda forgettable.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment