- The grass is always greener: There were a few things I was grateful to leave behind at the Naw, but I replaced those with new things. For example, my bedroom is no longer several feet from a neighbor's dining room, but our own dining room and kitchen are now several feet away from another dining room and kitchen. And instead of a southward slant, this apartment leans decidedly to the east.
- Some of my routines don't have to change!: my new library and nearest grocery store are close to each other, which means my typical Saturday routine of getting/returning books and stocking up on food for the week can stay in place.
- Other routines are long gone: Being two minutes away from the train stop has been great for my commute and general disposition about CTA, but not so great for my bike riding.
- It's quiet: Like way quieter than the surrounding area of the Naw.
- There's something that makes a place "home": We aren't quite there yet - it still feels like we are house-sitting - but little by little we're making this new place ours.