Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sum it up in a sentence (or two): Teenage boys are sent via an elevator thingy to a social experiment compound, once a month, until Thomas shows up as the last boy. Now the group has to figure out where they came from - and why they were sent to the Glade to begin with.

First thoughts: Nothing really happens until about 100 pages in to The Maze Runner, except a lot of confusion and questions. After that, things speed up a little - our hero gets in and out of trouble and the story moves forward.

A strange concept: Like the characters, I was never quite sure why someone would send a bunch of teenage boys to a remote location. The end of the book begins to explain what's going on, but it's clear that Dashner wants us to keep reading to find out the real story. I can't honestly say I'm chomping at the bit to find out.

Why not? : I think my indifference in starting the second book in the series is due to my indifference towards basically all of the characters. I thought Thomas was super annoying, and only cared about Minho and maybe Frypan.

But still: I'm interested in seeing the movie to help visualize the Maze/Glade.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment