Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Night Survey: Father's Day Edition

My father spent his day motorcycling the Great Plains, which I guess is the best present my siblings and I could give him, if you count us not really doing anything except letting him trek across the country without complaint a present. I celebrated here, with Jesus's family (where we "let" his dad grill). I spent the rest of the longest day of the year (and the other days this weekend)...

Working: on a resume (but not my own!).
Eating: Puerto Rican food.
Forgiving: silly annoyances.
Drinking: lemon water.
Feeling: like a minority.
(not) Caring.
Using: the Bloomingdale Trail/606 to make my weekly trek to the library/Aldi.
Prepping: lemon blueberry muffins=
Taste-testing: batter. (Result: approved.)
Reading: Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Making: roasted vegetables and an Asian-inspired salad.
Finishing: Season 3 of Orange is the New Black.
Wishing: the Time Hump Chronicles were a real thing.
Thanking: God for my Dad, and all the great Dads in my life.
Waking: up to birds and the neighbors.
Driving: Jesus's car so he could nap (#bestgirlfriendever).
Planning: the last weeks of my old routine and the first weeks of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment