I adapted/doubled this recipe from Cookie and Kate, who followed this one from Smitten Kitchen, which is itself adapted from Cooks Illustrated...meaning just about everyone on the Internet has made a variation of these. The end product was light and sweet and not too guilt-inducing.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins (additions/substitutions in parenthesis mine)
10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 c sugar (I used 1/2 c white sugar and 1/2 c cane sugar)
1 1/2 c plain yogurt (I used coconut yogurt)
1 tsp grated lemon zest
(I also added the juice from one lemon)
3 c flour (I used regular white flour)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c blueberries (I used a whole container of fresh blueberries, but frozen would also work)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, beating well after each. Add yogurt and zest, beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to batter, beat on low speed until mixed.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full. Batter should be thick, so you can just use a spoon to scoop and fill.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden.