Thursday, March 20, 2014

March. Music. Madness.

Happy Spring, and Happy Madness! My bracket is locked in and already upset, and I'm back to riding my bike to work semi-regularly, so it feels like the season is changing. With leftover piles of icy snow and freezing precipitation in the forecast, though, I need a little help to get all the way out of winter. That's where music comes in. Here are several of my recent go-tos when I need a pick me up (and coincidentally, the soundtrack to my room rearranging tonight--a new season calls for a new bed placement!):

Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys
This song is fun, plain and simple. If the video looks familiar, you may have seen this already. It may have its roots in breakup music, but boiled down it's a song about being human. "All the broken hearts in the world still beat/Let's not make this harder than it has to be." Yes. Let's not do that. Let's sing and dance instead.


Pharrell - Happy
Like Ingrid's song, this one is light, whimsical, and one heck of a fun song to sing along to. Out of all the songs on constant replay on the radio right now, this is the only one that makes me keep the station where it's at. The video is joyful and I could see myself dancing around like that. It's also the perfect song for an International Day of Happiness.


Lady Gaga - Gypsy
Look at how much fun Lady Gaga has while performing this song! And look at how much fun her audience is having as well! I think we all see the theme emerging here: good, clean fun. I may not want to be alone forever, but I can be tonight...when I've got this tune to rotate my bed to.


Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (entire album)
In my recent Coldplay re-discovery, I've started listening to Coldplay's albums straight through when I'm chilling at home. Mylo Xyloto especially lends itself well to this, as the full album tells a story about two people, Mylo and Xyloto. While some songs are sadder than others, overall the vibe this album gives off is positive.


Justin Timberlake - Not a Bad Thing
This song. It just gets me, and I like to keep it on repeat. I don't think I'll get sick of it anytime soon, especially considering I haven't gotten sick of the guy who this song makes me think of, the one who I swore to my roommates I wouldn't date, until five months later, when we started dating. Three years later, we share a phone bill and a crush on Mr. Timberlake himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment