Sunday, January 16, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

It's a pretty good day to be a Packer fan. Also a good day for hair supporters (see here and here). While we're at it, let's make it a good day for teams not represented by a bird. (If the trend continues, the Seahawks don't really stand a chance...and now that I think about it, maybe not the Jets either?)

Before I could veg out and watch football all afternoon, though, I had to work my Saturday shift. Usually an easy couple of hours before all my guys are out of program (I make sure they wake up and try to convince them to eat something other than Pop Tarts for breakfast before I send them on their way home or to work), today I had to stay for a full shift. A full shift with no structure (read: trying to entertain a teenager for eight hours).

Luckily the guy who was in program today had things to do, so we weren't just playing video games all day, but the three hours in the gym were probably a bit excessive. I can't even begin to explain their obsession with the gym, except to say I wish they loved showering even half as much as they love gym time. Maybe then we wouldn't need an air freshener in every outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment