Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Five Years, Blog

Today marks five years of travel, reading, working, and writing on this public space.

That's longer than any (romantic) relationship I've been in, but blogging itself is like being in a relationship. There's flirting and communication, excitement at public displays of affection/attention, frustration when you can't find the right words, and a level of comfort where I can be who I am. As the Romans Do and I have settled into a nice routine of book reviews, adventure recaps, stories, and fun lists. We're past our honeymoon phase, but still learning a lot about each other. Or at least, I'm learning a lot about myself and the act of online journaling.

When I looked back to see when to celebrate my "blogiversary," I was pleasantly surprised to remember starting this thing on January 1, 2009. I've never been one for resolutions, especially in the middle of winter, but I like the idea of a fresh year and a fresh blog.

January is National Thank You Month, so this month I want to focus on my gratitude.

On January 1, I say Thank You to the man or woman who will in a few hours deliver my Thai takeout so I can continue my New Year's tradition of movie marathons and Asian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment