Thursday, March 24, 2016

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

I hesitated to post this recipe - partially because I thought I already had, partially because it's just so stinkin' easy, I feel like I'm getting away with something every time I make it. And I make it a lot - it's my most adaptable recipe and the best crowd-pleasing-yet-non-fussy, feel-good-and-taste-good go-to I have in my arsenal when I'm entertaining.

The basic recipe, from Ali at Gimme Some Oven goes like this:

-chicken
-salsa

Put them in a crock pot and walk away. Then come back about six hours later, remove the chicken and use two forks to shred it. Put it back in and mix it all up.

Seriously, it's that simple.

You could kick it up a notch and add a few things: frozen corn, a can of black beans, or chopped onion and peppers. (I've started to.) And when you serve it, make sure to include all the fun fixings: lettuce, tomato, cilantro, salsa, rice, tortillas, avocado, lime...and a few friends to share with.


No comments:

Post a Comment