Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Reading Across My Apartment

Today, Dr Seuss's birthday, is also known as Read Across America Day. Lots of schools are participating in read-a-thons, read-a-longs, and other reading events this week, but I'm having my own personal celebration at home.

Whether it's at our dining room table during breakfast/dinner, on the sofa for some post-dinner relaxing, or in bed before I fall asleep, I'm reading anywhere and everywhere in the apartment these days - and out of it too, since I have 10-15 minutes on the train each morning. It helps that I have a hefty stack of books to enjoy (plus a deadline for getting them all read, since they belong to the library), and with temps staying low all I want to do when I get home from work is throw on my robe and get lost in another world.

This week I finished a rather large book about the history (emphasis on story) of autism, I'm nearly through a memoir of parenthood in the 21st century, I've been dipping in and out of Chrissy Teigen's cookbook, and I've got my eye on a blog-turned-book about living paycheck to paycheck. I guess I'm in a nonfiction phase. Whatever the case, I've been in a reading phase for over 20 years and I don't see it ending any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment