Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Night Survey: Jan-You-Sharing Edition

Tonight we say goodbye to January and hello to February and all of its holidays: Groundhog's Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Chinese New Year, Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Valentine's Day, Presidents' Day, and Leap Day! I have a feeling that with all these celebrations, this month will go quickly. First, let's take some time to see what's been going on around here.

Watching: basically the entire first season of American Horror Story, plus the new X-Files.
Eating: out. A lot - birthdays will do that to you.
Eating: home-cooked meals. As much as I could, plus leftovers at work.
Rearranging: the living room. Dining room is next.
Walking: home from work on mild days, which we are having a lot of.
Reading: The Martian by Andy Weir.
Getting: a new phone...for free! Thanks T-Mobile/customer loyalty/Jesus for making me accept that my old phone was kaput.
Reuniting: with high school friends.
Enjoying: a relaxed Intersession at work before the craziness of the new semester comes.
Replacing: membership cards after someone took the coin purse I kept them in. (They missed my actual wallet, whew.)
Baking: cupcakes and cookies.
Sharing: the sweetness with Jesus's family and my coworkers.
Teaching: a mini-course on puzzles and games.
Drinking: tea.
Watering: my plants - radiator heat is drying them out!
Filming: my one second a day.
Writing: my one happy moment each day.
Taking: my students on a field trip to a local high school.
Giving: them a reminder that life goes beyond middle school.
Hanging: a few strands of pink and red lights in anticipation of Valentine's Day.
Welcoming: February.

No comments:

Post a Comment