Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lunar Park

Lunar ParkLunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I tried some of Bret Easton Ellis's earlier works; they're not for me. Lunar Park, though, I got into. It reminded me of The Shining, especially with the drug use, and there were times I was thoroughly creeped out. Not knowing what kind of book this was before I started (I rarely read book summaries, I just jump in), I initially skipped the first chapter, thinking it was just chronological background information/an introduction to the author (which it kind of is), and nothing more. When I finally realized what was going on (Bret Easton Ellis, the author, isn't the same as Bret Easton Ellis, the character), I went back and read from the beginning.

Recommended for: horror story lovers, Bret Easton Ellis fans (interesting to see where the character matched up with reality), and voracious readers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment