Sunday, January 3, 2010

resolution-ish

1. Something I've realized this past year is my affinity for disclaimers. I have two theories for this. First, I'm not a fan of offending people. Second, I don't really like speaking in moderates. I'm a hypocrite, but mostly I like to make bold statements. Unfortunately, I also make a lot of mistakes which means I have to redact certain bold statements.

2. These aren't resolutions. They're more like observations.

3. αδιάλειπος προσεύχομαι (adiáleipos proséf̱chomai)...it's Greek for pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17. Adiáleipos is also the term used for a constant hacking cough. If you have this cough, you aren't always coughing...but you're never not coughing. In the same way we can't always pray, but we should never be not praying.

4. I think about most of these things really late at night as I fall asleep, and then I promptly forget them once I am sleeping. Honestly, I don't know how many great ideas I've lost to sleep. This list of observations, though, I remember. I'd say it's because as I was pondering these things last night I prayed specifically that I'd remember something worth posting. Thank you Jesus.

5. In 2010, I am going to take advantage of lists. I don't know why I don't write lists more often. They're easy and I'm good at them.

6. I missed a 4.0 this semester by one class, in which I got an AB. Dang. I'm so glad that class is over, though. I fought sleeping through it the entire semester. When a philosophy/literature course features a math professor, DO NOT sign up for it. Ever.

7. It's past midnight. Happy birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment