Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love is Love is Washing Dishes and Candy

Is it really Valentine's Day if you only see your fiance for 10 minutes between him waking you up from where you fell asleep on the couch until he tucked you into bed so you could keep sleeping? He did bring me roses. And candy.

With our opposite schedules, a romantic evening is rare. We find time to show our love for each other in different ways: leaving leftovers on the stove, washing the dishes, and sending quick texts throughout the day. As a quality time lover, I've had to adjust my expectations, at least on weekdays, and Jesus has had to get used to giving me all the attention on weekends (and on weekdays when I'm extra needy).

I'm glad we get to be each other's Valentines again next year...and the year after that...and 100 more years after that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment