Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Corrections

The CorrectionsThe Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Corrections follows the lives of the Lamberts, giving us their present day woes and filling us in with background that shows how they got to where they are today - in a troubled society.

First thoughts: I get it, the corrections. Each family member has things to correct over the course of their lives - and we really get the full extent of their lives, with detail, time and character shifts, and the development of so many secondary characters. It was a lot to keep straight, but that meant getting the "whole" story.

Middle thoughts: I like this book, but I didn't devour it. I found myself getting distracted and setting it down often.

Recommended for: committed readers, readers looking for a good bang for their buck, fans of Franzen.

Final thoughts: A slow burn, intense sort of read, taking time and attention, but rewarding you with a full story of depth and change over time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment