Saturday, June 11, 2016

Logan's Run

Logan's Run: Vintage Movie ClassicsLogan's Run: Vintage Movie Classics by William F. Nolan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In the future (2116), no one is allowed to live past the age of 21. Logan, a Sandman enforces this law until he learns of a place called Sanctuary - then he trades sides and becomes a Runner.

First thoughts: If that summary sounded brief/vague, it's because the book was as well. Yes, Logan's Run is clearly a precursor/influencer to later sci-fi dystopias, but its world is remarkably undeveloped. As a reader, I had to fill in much of the details and background with both my imagination and outside sources (other book reviews, research on the 1976 movie).

Other thoughts: Fast read. Also, where do babies come from in this world?

Recommended for: sci-fi fans and historians, voracious readers in need of a lighter snack, ageists.

Final thoughts: This book didn't disappoint me, but it also wasn't the most impressive thing I've read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment