Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Beer Bread Muffins

I made these muffins a little prematurely (it's nearly 80 degrees outside, which is not a temperature at which I want to turn my oven on), but we have more beer in our fridge than either Jesus or I care to drink and I really wanted to try them out. Despite sweating long into the evening, I'm glad I did. They're super easy and tasty.

Beer Bread Muffins (adapted from this recipe by My Wild Kitchen)

3 c flour (she uses self-rising; I made my own by adding baking powder and salt, below)
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 12-oz bottle of beer (I used Corona)
2 tbsp butter (I used coconut/palm oil spread)

Preheat oven to 375.
Grease muffin tin.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Pour beer over and stir until combined.
Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
While the muffins are baking, melt butter in a dish.
When muffins just start to turn golden brown, brush butter on top of them.
Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Enjoy warm!

According to this recipe, the muffins aren't as good the next day, but I'll be putting that to the test tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment