Thursday, March 12, 2015

New Schedule

This is my third week having a new schedule, and while I doubt I'll ever get the hang of waking up pre-sunrise, I'm falling into a comfortable rhythm of semi-productive mornings, earlier bedtimes, and less frequent existential crises.

I've told anyone who asks (and now all of you, who didn't) that working more hours has improved my free time and the rest of my regular hours, both because it forces me to be more intentional with my time and because the extra hours are quality ones. Thursday really is a miracle day in that I come home with anecdotes from my day that aren't a) complaints about petty house manager things or b) boring status updates of 'fine' or 'okay'.

I also somehow have the energy to go shopping and clean the house after my second shift of the day. Something tells me I might pay for this tomorrow morning...or pass out in the next five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment