Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mirrors & Lamps

Yesterday at work, I picked up a mirror and a lamp for an interior decorating project. (Since I just saw Oculus this weekend, I'm pretty sure the mirror is haunted, but that's another story.) Then, last night I started reading Girl in Need of a Tourniquet: Memoir of a Borderline Personality and came upon this line:  "I resisted change. My resistance limited the memoir to mirror rather than lamp."

Interesting. Sometimes I wonder if what I'm doing here (on my blog, in my journal, through the constant monologue in my head) is just a whole bunch of mirrors. I can reflect myself over and over and over (accurately or distorted--as if I were looking into a funhouse mirror). I can write the same story a million times. I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing, but I hope someday I can write a lamp instead. At least for variety's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment