Thursday, March 1, 2012

Minty Miracle Thursday

Last year miracles happened on Thursdays more often than on any other day of the week. Either that or Brit and I only noticed Thursday miracles. These miracles usually involved books being at the library when we went, TV shows airing when we watched, getting free things, or anything food related, like Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's. Tonight Brit & I got our first Shamrock Shakes of the season. I'm not Irish, but I'm glad there's an Irish holiday in March because I'm not sure how else I'd mark the end of the dark days of February.

We know Shamrock Shakes have been back for a few weeks now, but there's something about eating them in March that really lets you know spring is coming. February is finally over, as are the biting cold winds, slushy snow, and bus delays due to inclement weather. If only. March weather is generally awful as well, but at least Shamrock Shakes are a ray of sunshine streaming through it all. A minty cold ray of sunshine with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment