Friday, August 12, 2011

Mad Activities

Summer in program usually means fun activities. Apparently my program just realized it's summer, since we've been going on activity nearly every night for the past two weeks, as opposed to once or twice a week throughout June and July.

We do lots of movies--this is the guys' go-to activity when they are bored and want to get out of program. This spring/summer I got to see X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, both prequels to movies I either haven't seen or can't really remember. Still, both awesome.

Besides movies, this summer (and really, just these past weeks) I've taken part in or chauffeured the guys to swimming, paintball, the park, extreme trampolines, the mall, McDonald's, Six Flags, and a performance by the Blue Man Group. It's a pretty sweet deal for the guys, and for me since I wouldn't otherwise do these things.

Our biggest activity of the summer is coming up next week: Camp Chi. I'll be gone from Sunday morning until Wednesday night for four days of tubing, rock climbing, horseback riding, archery, and hanging out in the Dells. I've been chosen as Document Lead for the trip, meaning I'm responsible for writing a summary of each day during nightly reflection. I have a feeling I won't mind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment