Saturday, March 14, 2009

Procrastinating Saturday with a Surprise

I'm guilty: I'm using this blog as a procrastination tool.

Midterms are still going on here for me and I am swamped (mentally and physically) with ancient monuments, notes, and study guides. Our art history professor was vague in describing what would really be on the test, meaning I feel the need to over prepare.

We've seen so many monuments in this course, it's hard to keep them all straight in my head. This is made even harder by the fact that most of these monuments are not in their original conditions--they've been destroyed by fire, robbed, reconstructed, excavated, ruined...basically ravaged by time. They never look like they were built and other monuments/buildings/roads were always built over and around them. In times like these I need Ms. Frizzle's Magic School Bus to take me back to ancient Rome.

A strange buzzing noise did break up my day and give me some excitement, though. We finally figured out it was the odd phone in our hallway buzzing, not our regular phone or our doorbell. I picked it up, said hello, and heard a long string of Italian plus my name. I passed the phone to Ro, who told me I needed to go downstairs.

When I got down there I was greeted by a delivery man with a package. I signed for it and took it back up to the apartment--a package from Mom and Dad! Inside I found some magazines and newspapers from home plus some real Colby cheese. It's the first time I've had yellow cheese in two months! I didn't realize how much I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment