Tuesday, March 31, 2015

MARCHing to the Beat of My Own Drum

One thing I (re)learned this month: be myself. For a while I wasn't really into being myself, because my self was bored/boring, stuck, and unsure of what to do next. I wanted to be comfortable in my own skin, engaging, and self-aware. I also wanted to please everyone...and those things don't mix. I realized I can't be everything to everyone and be a genuine person.

So, authenticity it is. If I surround myself with people who like me, who challenge me to be a better me (not a better idea of what they want me to be), and who support me and build me up, then what else can I offer them but just me.

Moral of the story: I know that not everyone I interact with will like me. That's okay; I like me.

[End of personal rant and self pep talk...back to regularly scheduled posts - poems!! - tomorrow...er...in four minutes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment