Friday, January 6, 2017

First Friday

One day shy of our first full week of 2017, and this blog post sums up how I am feeling about this space specifically. (I don't generally question the point of my day job, something I'm grateful for & challenged by in other ways.) As The Romans Do is 7 years old, and has adapted in those years from online journal to scrapbook to something like a security blanket - comfortable and always there. But what is the point of it, really?

I think the answer, for me, is sanity. If my personal (offline) journal is my place for anything and everything, including the crazy (without judgement), then this space is for edited-but-authentic thoughts and entertainment. I can't save the world with my keyboard, but I can make it more tolerable for myself and anyone else who wants to join in.

We'll call this my intention for 2017 - writing that is kind, honest, and thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment