Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks.

Thank you. Two of the most simple, yet most effective words in any language. We all have lots to be thankful for, both material things and intangibles (which are usually absolute necessities). Take a minute and think: what makes my day(s)? Who helps me, who has made me into who I am, what things do I have that get me from morning to night? I'm guessing it won't take you long to come up with a nice list. Like this one:


  1. A bed. Not just my bed at the Naw, not even just a bed--but feeling welcome at so many places and knowing I have a place to go wherever I might find myself.
  2. My health. My appetite.
  3. A good hair day. These aren't always guaranteed with hair like mine, so when they come around (like today!) I'm all about it.
  4. Going back for seconds and thirds.
  5. Football, even when it doesn't end how I want it to.
  6. Not having to shop today or tomorrow. (Except for food!)
  7. Lists that don't go on too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment