Thursday, March 24, 2011

Too Many Options?

The craziness continues! Tuesday morning I was up with the garbage truck. The Daley Home staff team left nice and early for our retreat at Camp Dewan in Burlington, WI. Eight of us fit into Big Goldie, one of the 11-passenger vans we have here and set out. It was a good time to get away from program and connect with each other outside of work.

The strange part was being back at Camp Dewan, without the rest of my MercyWorkers. I saw the poem we wrote for them when we were there in the fall, and all of our favorite hang outs (the fireplace in the lodge, the loft full of dead flies). Such a weird feeling being in such a familiar place with different people.

By Wednesday afternoon, when we were getting ready to head back to Chicago, it wasn't so weird--I really felt like I got to know my coworkers better. Back at Mercy, I went straight to Community Night, which was a transition event for Chicago area volunteers.

This event may have been more beneficial to me if I wasn't so tired from retreat and just wanting a shower and a nap. Honestly, it was absolutely overwhelming. This year was supposed to help me figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life and I'm only becoming more and more confused. I've come to realize just how many opportunities are out there and I want to do so much, I just don't know in what order or how or when.



So......instead I think I'll download some music, rearrange my room, read some books, and cook some comfort food. Standard operating procedure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment