Wednesday, July 11, 2018

On Blogging

I'm taking two internet/technology classes this summer, one where I'm creating my own website and another more focused on using technology/apps as programming tools in a library. Both classes have me thinking about the future of this space. That I'll keep reviewing books and restaurants and movies and recapping my travels isn't the question, but I'm considering a platform switch, or a linked site that would house my blog along with my other internet-based creations.

Nine-ish years ago, when I first started writing here, Blogger was the easiest/quickest option for my needs. Since it's a Google product, I don't need a separate login, and I can import photos from my Drive super quickly (especially when I'm working from my Chromebook, which is sadly un-update-able and therefore not long for this world...but that discussion is for another post).

I might explore other blogging platforms or website options and decide this space is still the best (most convenient, simplest, does what I need it to do), but even then, I think it's due for some upgrades: cleaning up old links, refreshing the design, reorganizing a few of the pages. Stay tuned for new things in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment