Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm ready, almost

The Holy Longing: The Search for a Christian SpiritualityTwo weeks until I leave, and the last recommended book I'm reading is really hitting home. Ronald Rolheiser uses honest, simple language in The Holy Longing: The Search for a Christian Spirituality to ask and answer what spirituality is and how to apply it. He makes no apologies for the claims he makes and I can't help but agree with his logic.

As I read it, a not-so-subtle voice in the back of my mind screams: "Embrace Chicago!" and I just know this coming year is going to be full of stretching and challenges. Then I just want to get there and it's like these last two weeks are a sort of limbo, a nothing time before the next chapter of my life starts. I guess maybe I should stop looking at this summer as a roadblock and realize it's been a great three months of contemplation and physically/spiritually/mentally readying myself.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a great three months having you at home :) Chicago is lucky to get you.

    ReplyDelete