Monday, January 19, 2009

picture post, Rome Post, postal service, presidential post

This would have gone up sooner but my internet kept freezing last night so I gave up. Here's a photo link for the album in and around my neighborhood:

https://picasaweb.google.com/rachel4kaiser/Trastevere#

I haven't gotten my mailbox number yet, but I will let you know as soon as I have it. Eventually my mailing address will be:

Rachel Kaiser/[insert mailbox #]
c/o John Cabot University
Via della Lungara 233
00165 Roma
Italy

This is for letters only, though. Packages are supposed to be sent directly to our apartments. Mom and Dad tried sending something and we're waiting to see how that works.

Today has been one of the more frustrating days here in Rome, which is sad because it is only quarter after 11. Only the second day of classes and I already messed up my schedule. It went through some changes last week during orientation and I thought I wrote down the new class numbers, but I must have missed one. I was in the wrong classroom this morning. It was for the right class and the right time, but the wrong professor. Except when I checked after that class to see where I was supposed to be, the schedule only said "on-site" and did not give a list of the sites. Hopefully my prof. checks his e-mail so that can get cleared up.

On the bright side, tonight is the inauguration and we are having a sort of party here at JCU. A professor is coming in to talk about inaugural speeches and then we are going to watch coverage of it on a giant screen. I think the president of our college will be there. I'll let you know more after.

1 comment:

  1. HI Rach I enjoyed the pictures and was glad to see the eye covering, you are following the safety tips. It looks enjoyable and the weather sure looks warmer than ours. Keep smiling. love gmak

    ReplyDelete