Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Bye, For Now

I started this blog 11 years ago, at the beginning of 2009, as a study abroad journal. It's joined me around the world, on vacations, during undergrad and graduate work, through relationships and job changes, and in quieter moments of life. It's been confidant, scrapbook, therapist, homework, and experiment. It's seen seasons of prolific writing, creative droughts, and steady routines.

Altogether, it's been good. I've hopefully convinced others to read something new, try out a recipe, or take on a fun challenge. I've definitely seen myself grow and change, and explored who I am and what's important to me. I'm convinced this blog helped me get hired more than once.

After reflecting on all of this and looking forward to what's to come in 2020, it's time to say goodbye (for now).

Of course, the biggest thing coming for me, personally, is parenthood times 2 - and all that comes with becoming a family of 4 instead of a couple. I'm ready for my "babies" to be my human babies and for this "baby" to take a break. Professionally, I'm still fresh in my field and have lots to learn and think about. These things feel more like beginnings than endings, so I'll say this break is the beginning of something else, not the end of this blog.

I won't say I'll never post again, but I won't worry about posting or keeping any sort of schedule either. I feel grateful for the decade+ to work and play here, and the end of this decade feels like the right time to peace out for a bit.

Wishing everyone a safe, warm, happy, and fulfilling 2020 & beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment