Saturday, April 14, 2018

Bull

BullBull by David Elliott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story, told in verse, is a sharp and quick retelling of Theseus and the Minotaur. With Poseidon serving as narrator and each character stepping in to share their perspectives, there's plenty of variety and exploration of poetic styles and tones. Dark humor gives the story a modern edge and allows it to play with the content while the poetry keeps it structured.

Personally, I've never laughed so much while reading poetry, especially poetry about ancient Greece. I've always said I'm not a Greek mythology person, and yet I absolutely enjoyed this. It was punchy and fun, and begged to be read out loud (to my patient husband). For fans of verse novels, mythology, ensemble casts, and books that can be read in an afternoon.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment