Friday, April 13, 2012

Hoodie on the Bus

I'm in Chicago
but I'm from a small town
High heels, moving buses
make me fall down

Work late, now I'm running
on cheap coffee
Take another drink before I pass out

I don't wanna waste my time with
girls who stuck to their iPhones
guys looking for a place to sit
while I'm busy writing my poems

I don't wanna hold this line up
I just wanna make it to my stop.
Ever since I switched routes from Western
all I do is ride, bike cop.

Young girl in a new dress
looking for the right address.
I go to Roscoe Village
thinking of all the people
who missed out seeing all my facets

I'm cash only and even though I act poor
I get everything that I've worked for
I'm a small town girl, but after living in the city
I don't drive my own car anymore

I don't know what's next for me
guess I'll just have to wait and see
People wanna tell me that I'm too carefree
humming silly ballads, Plain White Tees

Sometimes it's hard to leave my bed
won't do anything til I've been fed
I don't wanna talk on my way to work
put my headphones in, be a jerk

I get to Damen, it's crowded, crowded
About to start work like count it, noon.
Color of my bus card's orange, orange
and I'm texting with the kid I met last June

Real quick bus ride, where's the time go?
Will work be easy, only God knows
Grand Theft Auto'ing Hoodie's lines like Niko
Trying to paint myself like I'm Vincent Van Gogh

I'm in Chicago
but I'm from a small town
High heels, moving buses
make me fall down
Ain't fooling you
I'm from a small town





2 comments: