Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Can I Vacuum Pack My Bags With a Dyson?

The Summer Before the Summer of Love: Stories byNeed a book to help you take a break from packing your life due to the fact that you move to Chicago in 36 hours and you still have to find a way to fit all your clothes in a hiking backpack? Try The Summer Before The Summer of Love by Marly Swick.

Soon after I arrive in Chicago, I'll have my placement interview to figure out which specific job I will have at Mercy Home. On Saturday we'll have a welcome banquet/ceremony/mass and on Sunday we are headed to Indiana for our orientation retreat, so I'm not sure how much you'll hear from me until next week Friday.

Today I was (finally) reading through my volunteer handbook and came across my address:

Rachel Kaiser
MercyWorks Volunteer Program
Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607

It's a mouthful (or envelope-full) to be sure. Want a postcard from the Windy City? Send me your address and I'll think about it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! How exciting! Have fun out there, try to learn a thing or two, but be safe, the big city is full of weirdos.

    1947 N Prospect #201
    Milwaukee, WI 53202

    ReplyDelete