Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Mermay!

I only recently learned of the existence of Mermay the month-long challenge for artists to illustrate a mermaid a day during the month of May - and I am ALL about it. No, I won't be drawing any mermaids, but I do plan on partaking in lots of mermaid-themed activities (mostly reading).

My husband and I started the fun a bit early this past weekend by attending a local high school's performance of Disney's The Little Mermaid musical. Since it's no longer on Broadway, seeing it in the suburbs was the next best thing (right?). Sarcasm aside, those kids did a wonderful job. I'm always impressed by high school performances - plays, musicals, slam poetry, dances - there's something about young people being vulnerable on stage that warms my heart and makes me hopeful for the future.

Here are a few photos from the night and the (nearly a decade old) Broadway sneak peek for fun:


No comments:

Post a Comment