Saturday, April 16, 2016

Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat

Cravings: Recipes for What You Want to EatCravings: Recipes for What You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sum it up in a sentence (or two): Chrissy Teigen shares her favorite recipes and a little bit of what it's like to be a model who is married to John Legend. (Spoiler: it's pretty awesome.)

First thoughts: The subtitle says it all: I want to make everything in this gorgeous cookbook.

Favorite quote: "Let's face it, I do have to make every bite count, so if I'm gonna drag that fork to my mouth hole, it better taste crazy delicious." -p11

Favorite recipes: I'm sure you'll be seeing my variations of so many of these, but the early standouts for me-

Dump and Done Ramen Salad
Chrissy's Mac and Cheese
I Can't Believe it's Not Gardetto's
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Artichoke, Spinach, and Buffalo Chicken Dip
Armadillo Cheesy Garlic Bread

Wait, did you say model?: Chrissy knows who she is, and she toes the line between "I don't care what I eat as long as it tastes good/I can eat whatever I want and never gain weight" and "I would gain 100 pounds eating all this stuff so I don't eat it at all" - she talks a lot about caring for her friends and family through food. Food is her "second language," and her love language. She indulges. She says it herself: "I wanted to be honest in this book about the kinds of food I love, the kinds of food I crave. I just have to find ways to make those cravings work with my day job." As we all do.

Recommended for: chefs, eaters, families, party throwers, brunch warriors, late-night snackers, and food lovers.

Final thoughts: This cookbook is gonna stick with me for a while. I'm excited to work my way through it and treat my loved ones with hearty meals and interesting snacks.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment