Saturday, January 30, 2016

Fraud

Fraud: EssaysFraud: Essays by David Rakoff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sum it up in a sentence (or two): Collected essays written by David Rakoff, all following the theme of being a fraud in different experiences.

First thoughts: I didn't read every essay in this collection. I skimmed a few, and read the ones that pulled me in. All in all, I enjoyed the theme. Everyone feels like a faker in different situations, so the essays were relatable in that way. Some essays were just more enjoyable, more interesting, and more suited to me.

Favorite quote: "Actually, I'm not really here as a legitimate journalist (what else is new?)." -p103, "The Best Medicine"

Favorite essays: "The Best Medicine," "Lather, Rinse, Repeat," "Extraordinary Alien," "Christmas Freud," "We Call it Australia."

Final thoughts: An easy, quick read. Good for dipping in and out of during my commutes or if I had a few spare moments.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment