Monday, March 16, 2015

Springtime Sadness

Today was absolutely gorgeous here. The air was warm, but not humid or overbearing or stagnant. There was a slight breeze, but it wasn't obnoxious or freezing. The sun was out, there were picture-perfect clouds in the sky, and everything had a fresh, clean smell. I woke up grateful and in love with spring, and then I got sad.

Why? I have no idea. I'm not about to diagnose myself with Reverse SAD (which I'm sure we all experience to a point), but I think that's where my feelings of ho-humness came from today. I think that nagging feeling of gray/blue at the back of my brain is my body's way of keeping my excitement in check - "Don't get too happy," it says, "it's just weather/it won't last/sunny days don't mean your life will suddenly improve."

It could also just be that I was still bummed about a fun weekend ending, my brother going back home, and having to go back to work. I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow, on Tuesday Bluesday. And be on the lookout for regularly scheduled posts to come back! I have a movie review, restaurant reviews, and tips on frugal living in the works. I've got a lot to share before poetry month!

No comments:

Post a Comment